Since late last year, Google Photos has been using a streamlined, but powerful algorithm to generate bunches of themed slideshows from users’ libraries of photos and videos — including some back-of-the-catalog deep cuts. These collections of so-called Memories have been popping up from time to time and we’ve been keeping track of them as they’ve appeared.
Here’s a list of specially-titled collections Google has generated so far along with a short description of what was captured in the media. This article will be updated with new collections as they’re discovered.
- Heart of the city – metropolitan skylines and scenes from around town
- In the spotlight – live performances
- Making a splash – Waterfalls, water parks, wherever water can be whipped up
- Roller coasters and rides – amusement parks and the sort
- Best of Winter 2020
- Bust a move – dance floors and wherever people are jammin’
- Cheers! – group pictures at the restaurant or bar
- In the woods – through the trees or high atop scenic overlooks
- Let’s play! – board and table games
- The magic hour – pictures and clips from twilight
- What’s cookin’? – in the kitchen, on the dining room table
- Out to play – kids having fun
- Sand and sea – at the beach
- Tasty treats – usually cakes and decorated baked goods